Thursday, April 05, 2007
confession
I walked furiously from office to home yesterday. With angry tears, I prayed in my head and was totally shocked at the evil thought that lurked within me.

I wanted someone killed. He's been giving my family a problem for a number of times now. I couldn't bear the thought of losing any of my family members to this non-sense, desperate guy! Surely, I can afford to pay for his life. Oh, gosh. I never imagined I would have such a murderous thought!

This crazy guy made a scary hostage-taking kind of drama in our home. He held my sister in the neck, dragged her around, with a knife few inches away from her. My trembling mother, grandmother, nephew, cousins and other people who were there tried to help, but surely fear and the shock of the moment had overtaken them.

The stupid, incompetent police who was called for help didn't respond because he said it seemed "peaceful" already and that he didn't want to get involved with a family problem! Goodness! How on earth?!? I wished to give him a good slap in the face if I was there!

Things are better now at home. Thank God, my family is safe and the crazy guy promised not to do it and never to bother my sister again (who broke up with him).

I cried my heart out as I thought about all the trauma my family had to go through. I wanted to eliminate the man for me to feel secure for my family! Sending him to prison is no guarantee that he is locked forever. As I prayed, my sinful heart was exposed. I was reminded that Somone had already paid for our lives at the highest cost. Jesus died for every one of us so that we may know God and have eternal life. He's giving all of us second chances. He died for each one of us - and that includes the guy that I wanted dead and punished.

I have no right to take away his life because Jesus had already paid the price. I can only trust and commit everything to Him. I can pray that God would change his heart. I can pray that God would keep my family safe.

This beautiful passage rebuked me, hushed me down and captivated my soul. I asked for forgiveness. It made my heart quiet, at peace, and grateful. Such a timely reminder as we celebrate Good Friday. I submit to the God who never fails.

"He was looked down on and passed over, a man who suffered,
who knew pain firsthand.One look at him and people turned away...
But the fact is, it was our pains he carried— our disfigurements, all the things wrong with us...
it was our sins that did that to him, that ripped and tore and crushed him—our sins!
He took the punishment, and that made us whole.
Through his bruises we get healed.
We're all like sheep who've wandered off and gotten lost...
God has piled all our sins, everything we've done wrong, on him, on him.
He was beaten, he was tortured, but he didn't say a word.
Like a lamb taken to be slaughtered
and like a sheep being sheared, he took it all in slence.
He died without a thought for his own welfare, beaten bloody for the sins of my people...
He'd never hurt a soul or said one word that wasn't true.
Still, it's what God had in mind all along, to crush him with pain.
The plan was that he give himself as an offering for sin so that he'd see life come from it...
Through what he experienced, my righteous one, my servant,
will make many "righteous ones,"
he looked death in the face and didn't flinch...
he took on his own shoulders the sin of the many,
he took up the cause of all the black sheep.
Isaiah 53:3-12 (The Message)
 
posted by MercifulRain at 5:47 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger marqbluzano

    really weird, really bad when something goes wrong with our loveones out there....so depressing and the only thing we have is to pray and communicate them as we can...and thanks god, nothing happen with your family and relatives... next time...beware and you (au) keep stronger... its part of our life on how to deal those crazy guy on earth. ingatz and god bless

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi,marq! thanks much. it helps to know we have friends who feel our pain and pray for us. you take care too! God is faithful.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Justin Wiley

    Hi Au, sorry to hear your family is having problems, thats really difficult.

    On the brighter side, your new blog design is really neat, congrats.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh gosh, that was definitely traumatic and scary...
    thank God everybody's safe.

    I would absolutely be thinking the same thought you had, if it was in the same situation.

    i'm sorry about that, Au.

    i totally understand how much helpless you felt when you wanted to protect your family. =[

    God is good and God will take care of them for you.

    oh and that cop, he should be slapped 500 times and more.

    and that bastard who caused all the troubles should be in prison. he deserves to rot there.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi, Justin! Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, things like this happen, and yes, it's difficult. But i'm comforted by God's faithfulness.

    Glad you like my new blog design! Thanks.:-)

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi, April! Thanks for feeling what I've felt and for understanding my angry and murderous thought!

    Yes, it was traumatic and scary. But yeah, I'm so thankful everyone was safe after all. I realise it's so easy to lose our sense of security and sane mind when things break like that. I am just thankful for God is good and faithful to keep me. He cares about our lives.

    about the stupid cop, i heard my father had reported him already to the provincial director of PNP and had requested for disciplinary action to be done against him.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hello, Yang! How are you? Oh my God, i am very sorry for this very late comment. How's your family?? I didnt check my mail since i got here in ormoc for the Holy Week. Andi just felt i had to open my mal today... I'm so so sorry to hear that...

    Naunsa man intawn uy? will send you a PM.. love you much! please take care always. Praying for you and for your family always...

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi,wa! thanks much. don't worry. okay na mi.:-) my family is okay. but of course, prayer and trust in God will always be our security. thanks much for being with us. love ya! mwah!

    you'll send me a PM? what's that? hehe.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hallo, Au!

    So sorry to hear about the trauma your family went through. But thank God nothing terrible or worse happened to them. Naa gihapon magbantay sa mga buotan nga tawo. God bless and take care.

    Carmel

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, ma'am carmel! thanks a lot and yes, thank God for keeping my family safe after all.

    hope all's well with you too!

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hehehe! personal message, yang...:)

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh, personal message diay! hehe. yeah, i got your PM for me, wa. thanks much! pls pray for me.i'm catching a deadline sa script for a video project. thanks! mwah!

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Au! Praise God your family is ok now. I agree with you, Jesus is our only security...His banner over us is love.

    God bless. :)

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, cathy! thanks much. it's a comfort and encouragement. hope all is well with you too. blessings!:-)