Thursday, February 08, 2007
through water, fire and air
One more reflection on my recent Philippine trips by boat and by plane - oh, those were quite stressful times then. Yet now I look back at them with a sense of relief and adventure.

I've passed through the test of water, fire and air!:-)

On my way to Cebu where I took my flight back to Singapore, I was on board a small, old boat that sailed from my hometown. With the stormy weather, the boat danced like crazy above the dark sea waters. To add more scare to my bones, the boat had some fire accident and power problem. I was so scared. The 10-hour boat ride wasn't fun. Yet my faithful Rescuer brought me to Cebu safe and sound.

And of course my airport mess was a big deal. But again, I managed to get in the plane, be up in the air, and reach Singapore.

Still, it wasn't an experience I would pick, if I had the choice. But in the end, out from those scary and stressful times, I saw His faithful hands that calmed my fears and took away my frustrations. Oh, what a thrill! How small my faith was.
 
posted by MercifulRain at 7:21 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    wow! that was worth the experience. a test of faith indeed.

    God bless, Au. =)

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi,april! thanks. yep, it was a test of faith.:-) thanks for dropping by my site. have a great day!

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Au!
    Question. I'm trying to create a blogger account and I love the template site that provided you this layout of yours.

    however, it gives me bunch of errors.

    did you encounter this while editing your layout?

    i'm getting frustrated.

    really. =(

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi,april! what kind of errors do you get?

    when i did my template, i got some errors too. but it was just a matter of playing with html.it was fun, yet quite frustrating sometimes.

    what's helpful for me is i try to save first the original html code of the template and make another copy of it where i do my editing (e.g. put your name, links, etc). when i run it and something goes wrong, then i can always go back and refer to the original code.

    have fun! don't give up yet.:-)

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    *sigh*

    i've already done everything. i've even tried modifying some of the tags since some are don't work.

    i'm combed the codes and stuff and it's just one error after another..

    some of it involves XML thingy...

    it's frustrating.

    =(

    and i so wanted to make it work.

    craps. =(

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh and what errors?

    just tags. closing tags. appropriate "" placements.

    style css even.

    i even runned it as html as a test just through notepad and it work.

    so it must be blogspot's thing.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, aprilicious! hmmmm...yeah, i can feel your frustration over the blog thing..

    when i do my editing of a template in my blogspot, i just do it on my blog settings and try to run and see if it works. sometimes i put my tags and other characters at wrong places also. so, of course, it messes up the template. then i just go back and figure out where i messed up and fix it till it shows the design i want.

    but yeah, sometimes, some templates just don't work. well, try another template.:-)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hhmmm.. believe it or not, i've done a couple. hehehe.

    i know it's pathetic. i'm not saying i'm an expert but i've pretty much done a lot of layout experiments... this one just frustrates me the most. =(

    btw, how's things going for you?

    i'm pretty sure life in Singapore rocks. you're close to home yet you're in a very beautiful rich country.

    ps - say hi to Donita Rose for me. *i'm a big fan hehehe*

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi,april! hmmm...well, okay. if it doesn't work, just drop it! maybe next time you'll find one that works.

    i am doing well and better. life here in Singapore is quite fast and can be very stressful. i have to be intentional in creating a healthy lifestyle.:-)

    singapore is a very small country. yet it's amazing how big and rich their economy is. what a privilege to live here - nice place and close to our home country.:-)

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well written article.