Saturday, March 03, 2007
being more intentional
Some things just don't happen by thinking of them. One has to intentionally pursue them to make them real. For me, exercise is one. For the past few months, I thought soooo much of making sure I get enough exercise. In fact, I take a 40-minute walk from office to home in most days. It takes away my stress. Also, I even dare to look funny in front of our TV set following a woman doing a two-mile trim walk on the video! Now I can almost memorize all her lines! But with my lifestyle - spending too much time working on computer, with my not-so-ideal diet, etc. - I'm not doing enough. I gained so much weight.

This issue concerns me not because it makes me feel ugly, but because it makes me sick! I easily get tired. My migraine attacks me more often now. I get chest pains. My stamina went down.

Despite all these, work and other pleasures in life still take the front seat. I often postpone my exercise time. "Got so much work today", "I'm so tired", or "I better read or watch movie" are some of old excuses. Well, it was time to get up! Finally, my housemate convinced me (and dragged me) to the gym last week. We signed up for six-month membership! This way, I hope to be more disciplined and intentional with my exercise. There's always time for everything.
 
posted by MercifulRain at 9:39 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    way to go, Au.

    i'm creating my blogger account and a new start.

    i just hope this works.

    meanwhile, give your membership a justice and sport a tight flat 6-pack! wooohoooo!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, april! a tight flat 6-pack! ugh! hehehe. hmm....well, we'll see. i would be happy to have it one day. but if not, i would be happy and content enough to at least just gain back my normal weight and stop gaining more love handles.hehehe.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    talk to me about love handles.

    i'm still demented that someday i'll have a steely abs and everybody will drool on the sight of it. lol. =)

    i just really really really really want to get back to my weight while i was still in the philippines.

    u know what, i always blame American Food or chocolates. at least, they can't protest! hehe.