Friday, February 02, 2007
P300 - as promised!
Few days before my "OFW ordeal" at Cebu airport, a Navigator friend sent an sms to ask for anyone willing to extend any financial help to a family who is in great need.

I was in Masbate that time. I prayed about it and asked God how much. I don't know why but the figure of P300 came to mind. So I said, "I will give P300". However, I didn't get the chance to hand it over when I dropped by Cebu. So I thought of sending it back when I get to Singapore.

When I sold my phones and camera at the airport to make my cash enough for my ticket, travel tax and other fees for me to be able to leave, I thought I'd already spent every dollar and peso I had - including my P300 pledge.

But when I unpacked my bags in Singapore, I found P300 in my thin wallet! It looked so neat and undisturbed from what I went through at the airport. Haha. I laughed and shook my head in amazement. Regardless of the amount (big or small), the P300 was a gift from God for that needy family - an amount that was never to be touched, not even by a very desperate situation I had at the airport.

Surely, God moves in mysterious ways.
 
posted by MercifulRain at 1:35 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    really great, i knew god provide all the things we wish for and as long as we do our part too....pray the best way to solve our problems and send life to god. take good care always

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi marq! glad to hear from you again.:-) yeah, God is our provider.:-) how are you? keep me posted.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i really have faith in God's mysterious ways, yang. thank you for sharing this. love you much!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, dia! it's my privilege to share the story. and yes, it wasn't much on the gift (big or small), but on how God faithfully and mysteriously saved it for the family who needed it.it was just a very small amount (just worth a McDo meal:-)), but somehow it was the only amount God impressed in my heart to give. And "against all odds" (my airport mess), He amazingly saved it in my wallet because it was meant for the family (that i actually don't know personally:-)). anyway, our God is awesome!